Cool Jack is a 2D sidescroller that I’m working on using Godot and based of my early work with Unreal Engine.
Video Updates (Newer ones first)
- Reverted back to simple controls. I will add double jumping again.
- You can now jump if falling and have not jumped yet.
- Parallax scrolling
- More level design elements (Falling objects, rideables etc)
- New character control/movement
- Bug fixes
- Refactored the player code a little.
- A quick preview of another idea for the game
- Initial work for the game load/save
- Experimenting with jumping different amounts depending on what you are standing before jumping: ground vs enemy
- We have our first enemy!
- No more double jumping (this may change) unless on “something”
- Re-implemented the pausing of the game
- Fixed minor UI bugs
- Music only stops playing when you die
- We now detect when we collide with a wall
- Basic game UI flow: pause, re-try, level failed, level finished
- Music (Music by Rolemusic: http://rolemusic.sawsquarenoise.com/p/donate.html)
- Sound effects
- UI Graphics
- Better tileset
- Initial POC